The parts of the compass are a base plate with different measurements for calculating mileage and distance. The magnifying glass is used to magnify things on your map. The arrow at the top of the compass is called the direction of travel arrow. To find the degrees on your compass, use the rotating bezel ring, with North being "0", East being "90", South being "180", and west being "270". The magnetic needle inside has a red magnetic north end, which is used to locate "North", and the black end will always point "South". The key part in using your compass is trusting it, and having a good idea of where you started.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades